Do you ever feel like you’re running out of space on your iPhone? Are you tired of constantly having to delete photos, videos or apps to make room for new content? Well fear not because we have some exciting tips that will help expand your iPhone’s storage and make the most out of your device.
The iPhone is an immensely effective device with numerous features and capabilities. But even so, as you use your iPhone to take photos, download apps, and store other types of data, you may run out of storage space. When your storage space is depleted, you may be unable to take new photos or videos, install new apps, or save important files. Luckily, there are several ways to increase storage on your iPhone, ranging from deleting unnecessary files to upgrading the storage capacity of your device.
The initial steps you can take to increase storage on your iPhone is to delete any files you no longer require. This could include old photos or videos, apps you no longer use, or other types of data occupying space on your device. Simply tap and hold the file you want to delete, then choose “Delete” from the menu that pops up.
If you’re running out of storage space on your iPhone, there are several options. Whether you delete unnecessary files, use cloud storage, increase the storage capacity of your device, or use external storage devices, you can find a solution that meets your needs. You can ensure that you always have enough storage space on your iPhone to store your important files and data with a little effort.
This article will detail on ways to clear storage on iPhone and how to create storage space on iPhone. It will also explain the best ways to get more storage on iPhone to ensure your iPhone captures all of your special moments without causing any issues.
How to get more storage on iPhone?
The iPhone is an incredible device that allows you to take photos, download apps, and store various types of data. Even so, as you continue to use your iPhone, you may run out of storage space. You will not be able to take new pictures and videos, install new apps, or save important files if you run out of space. In this article, we will demonstrate some simple methods for increasing storage on your iPhone.
- Remove all unused apps and files.
- Make use of cloud storage.
- Clear the cache in your browser.
- Increase the storage capacity of your device.
- Make use of an external storage device.
Remove all unused apps and files
The first step in increasing iPhone storage is to delete any apps or files that you no longer require. These can be old photos or videos, apps you haven’t used in a while, or other types of data taking up space on your device. Simply tap and hold the file you want to delete, then choose “Delete” from the menu that pops up.
Make use cloud storage
By using cloud storage such as iCloud or Google Drive is another great way to free up space on your iPhone. These services allow you to remotely store your files, freeing up space on your device. You need to make an account with one of these services and then download their app from the App Store to use cloud storage on your iPhone. After signing in, you can begin uploading files to the cloud and accessing them from any device.
Clear the cache in your browser
If you use your iPhone to browse the internet, the cache of your browser can consume a lot of storage space. To clear your browser cache, launch it and navigate to Settings. You can then choose “Clear Cache” to delete all temporary files that are taking up space on your device.
Increase the storage capacity of your device
If you require more storage than what your iPhone provides, you can consider upgrading the storage capacity of your device. Depending on the model of your iPhone, you may be able to purchase a new device with more storage or have a professional upgrade your current device.
Make use of an external storage device
Lastly, you can experiment with external storage devices to increase the storage capacity of your iPhone. These devices, which can be connected to your iPhone via the Lightning port or wirelessly, provide extra storage space for your photos, videos, and other files. There are numerous external storage devices for the iPhone, such as flash drives and portable hard drives.
To recap, there are numerous ways to increase storage on your iPhone, ranging from deleting unused files to upgrading your device’s storage capacity. You can ensure that you always have enough storage space on your iPhone to store your important files and data by following these simple tips.
How to free up storage space on your iPhone?
If you’re tired of getting that annoying notification that your iPhone has run out of storage space, follow the tips below to free up iPhone storage.
- Let’s start with the fundamentals. Look at your photo gallery. You may be surprised to find hundreds of pictures and screenshots you don’t need, occupying storage space. Don’t worry; you don’t have to delete them all. Instead, use the Photos app’s “Optimize Storage” feature. This tool will automatically replace full-resolution versions of your photos with smaller, optimized versions, freeing up space on your device while preserving your memories.
- Take a look at your apps next. Do you need all those games and social media apps you haven’t used in a long time? Uninstalling these apps is a simple way to free up space on your iPhone. If you’re hesitant to give up some of your favorite apps, think about offloading them instead. This feature will remove the app from your device while retaining its data and documents, allowing you to reinstall it later, if necessary, quickly.
- Clearing your cache and browsing history in Safari is another way to free up space. This saves storage space and improves your browsing experience by speeding up your browser. While you’re at it, why not also delete your Messages app? Delete those long, forgotten message threads. They can take up a surprising amount of space.
- Finally, make use of iCloud storage. Instead of storing all your photos and videos on your iPhone, consider storing them in the cloud with iCloud Photo Library. It frees up space on your device and allows you to access all of your photos and videos from any device.
- So there you have some exciting ways to free up iPhone storage space! You’ll be able to enjoy your device without worrying about running out of storage space if you follow these tips and tricks.
Best ways to clear up storage on iPhone
We will dive deeper into this subject and tell you how to free up storage on your iPhone. Follow these tips to free up space
- Backup and delete photos/videos
- Enable iCloud photos
- Clear up Apple cache
- Offload unused apps
- Delete messages attachments
- Delete media files
- Backup and erase the phone
Backup and delete photos/videos
If you have a lot of photos and videos and want to know how to clear storage on your iPhone by backing them up, this section has got you covered. While there are many ways to backup your photos and videos, the best one is through Tenorshare iCareFone.
iCareFone backup feature is free to use, so you don’t have to pay for any storage plans. Plus, it doesn’t consume your iPhone storage to back up but backs up all your data to your computer. Remember to delete the data after the backup.
Here’s how to use it
- Download and install Tenorshare iCareFone to your computer. Connect your phone to the computer using a USB cable.
- Open iCareFone and select the “Backup & Restore” tab from the left bar.
- Select all the files and data types you’d like to back up. In this case, you want to select photos and videos. Then, hit the Backup button in the corner.
- Wait for the process to complete, and your photos and videos will be successfully backed up to your computer.
Enable iCloud photos
Another way to manage storage on an iPhone is by enabling iCloud Photos, which automatically syncs your photos and videos to your iCloud account. However, you only get 5GB of free cloud storage, barely enough to hold a few hundred photos. If you have more than that, you can always use Tenorshare iCareFone.Here’s how to enable iCloud Photos.
- Open the Settings.
- Scroll down until you see Photos, then tap it.
- Turn on the toggle for “iCloud Photos.”
Clear apps’ cache
If your iPhone Storage shows a lot of “Others” data, you must be wondering how to clear other storage on your iPhone? If you are here’s how you do it:
- The “Others” storage contains all the temporary files and cache your apps use to work. Luckily, you can clear it up. You’d need to open each app separately and clear the cache from its settings to do that.
- For instance, if your TikTok app is too large, you can clear its cache by going to its settings and selecting the “Clear cache” option.
Offload unused apps
Your iPhone can detect when you’re not using an app frequently and offer to delete it automatically. This feature is called Offload apps. The best part is that it keeps your app data on your iPhone, so if you decide to install the app later on, it will be as if you left it.
Here’s how to clear space on an iPhone by turning on this feature:
- Open the Settings app.
- Go to General > iPhone Storage.
- The “Offload Unused Apps” is here; tap “Enable” next.
Delete messages attachments
To free up more storage, you can delete message attachments, including photos, videos, and documents. If you want to keep some of them, save them to your device storage and back them up using Tenorshare iCareFone.
The remaining ones? Well, here’s how to manage storage on an iPhone:
- Open Messages.
- Open a conversation you’d like to delete the attachments from.
- Tap and hold a message and select “More.”
- Tap the bin icon at the bottom.
Delete media files
If you have a lot of downloaded media, like YouTube videos or Netflix episodes, you can delete them to free up storage.
To do that, follow the steps:
- Open the app you want to delete media from, YouTube, Netflix, VLC, Amazon Prime, etc.
- Find a downloaded media file and delete it from there.
Technique:6 (Not Recommended)
Backup and erase iPhone
Last, you can reset your iPhone to delete all its data to free up storage. However, this method isn’t recommended, as it will be a waste of data and time. There are many other ways to free up storage, as mentioned above.
But if you’d still like to do it, follow the steps:
- Open the Settings app.
- Go to General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset All Content and Settings.
How to buy more storage for iPhone?
To buy more storage on your iPhone, follow the pointers below:
- Check your iPhone storage, and you can do that by Going to settings rather than tapping iPhone storage.
- After that, you can decide how much storage you need based on your current usage and future needs.
- Then decide on the storage plan that you want to buy. Given below are storage plans offered by Apple
Apple storage plans
The current storage plans available are:
|Individual||50GB||$0.99 per month|
|Family||200GB||$2.99 per month|
|Premier||2TB||$9.99 per month|
This plan is recommended for users who want additional storage for their photos and videos and other documents.
This plan is similar to individual plan but offers more storage at a slightly higher cost.
This plan is suitable for users who need a large amount of storage for their photos, videos and documents as well as for families who want to share the storage.
After buying the gigabytes for iPhones or, in simpler words, the Apple storage plan, waiting for the storage to update should take a few minutes, and that’s it! You can now take longer videos and high-quality photos without worrying about space.
How to buy more iCloud storage?
If you want to buy extra storage you purchase iCloud storage. Follow these four simple steps
On your iPhone navigate to settings and then tap your name at the top
Now tap on the iCloud option and then manage storage
Now select Buy more storage and choose the storage plan
Complete the purchase and wait for your storage to update
The iPhone has revolutionized communication and is considered one of the top communication devices in today’s era. By following the tips above, you will be able to access your iPhone to its full potential and enjoy all of its features and benefits without any storage-related issues. Extra space lets you capture more memories and stay connected with your loved ones. So take charge of your storage today and unlock the full potential of your iPhone.
Managing storage on your iPhone can be challenging, but keeping your device running smoothly without any storage-related issues is essential. By following the steps and tips outlined above, you will be able to free space on your iPhone, store your data safely, and ensure that your device runs seamlessly without any obstacles. Do you have any more questions? Tell us in the comments below!