Are you new to using AI technology? Want to know how to use ChatGPT? Here is a detailed guide. Dig in and get your answers!
In the revolutionary world, conventional ways are being removed by what you call modern technology. In the past decade or two, you have seen drastic changes in lifestyle and technology. From flip phones to thoughtful touch Android phones, the world has changed a lot.
Amidst all that, another technology AI has grown many folds. Where there was no concept of using AI to do jobs, it has become customary to get aid. One of the many AI bots that gained immediate popularity is ChatGPT.
You must have heard the news waves ChatGPT has created. ChatGPT is an AI tool that can help you in several ways, from getting marketing tips to solving a complex problem. So what is it, and how to use ChatGPT?
This article will study every nook and cranny of the AI tool and its applications. So let’s get into it!
What is ChatGPT?
Before understanding how to use ChatGPT, let’s see what ChatGPT is. ChatGPT is a language model driven by AI technology. It allows you to have a natural human-like conversation, solve problems and solve many other complex issues. ChatGPT stands for Chat Generative Pre-trained Transformer.
You will be surprised to know that ChatGPT will help you do much work that a professional must perform, including programming, content writing, and other technical work. It was built on the Large Language Model, which is trained with a large number of data to integrate deep learning.
Who created ChatGPT?
ChatGPT was created by OpenAI, a company based in San Francisco. The OpenAI team launched the toll in November 2022, which spread like wildfire, with over a million users by December 2022.
In the past, the OpenAI team also created other AI tools like DALL.E2 and Whisper AI.
So what does ChatGPT have to offer, and why has it created so much hype? Well, let’s discuss some of the outstanding features of ChatGPT.
With the hype of numerous AI tools in previous years, ChatGPT broke all records by giving organized human-like texts. However, it remains an AI tool that writes in a monotonous tone, but if you are one of those efficient people who know how to make a bad thing look good, you can make the text generated by AI work.
Although it can create a coherent and meaningful text, it cannot bring emotions and creativity to the text.
Along with many other outstanding features, it can chat with you like a human. You can get ideas of business or quotes as ChatGPT has the characteristic to generate interactive responses to your questions. You can even ask for feedback on your work, a movie or a book.
Wide language understanding
Translating a text to your native language is now at your fingertips. ChatGPT is made to understand over 7000 languages. So next time you want your text translated, ask ChatGPT to do so.
Don’t want to read a twenty-page long report; no worries when you get ChatGPT. All you have to do is input your text and ask the tool to generate its summary. This will save you time and make it easier for you to read.
Let’s say you have a question and cannot find an appropriate answer. You put the question in ChatGPT; it will give you personalized content for that question. In addition, you can add your preferences and how you want the answer to be. It can create content to engage the audience as well.
Getting started with ChatGPT
When getting started with ChatGPT, you need to learn a few things. Let’s get into the working of ChatGPT before understanding how to use ChatGPT.
- Sign up
- Verify your mobile account.
- Accept the terms and conditions
- Start using it
Sign up for an OpenAI account
The first thing that you need to do is sign in to the AI model through Web or API. OpenAI will ask you to input your login info. You will be given the option to sign in through your Google account or Microsoft account, or if you already have an account, it will ask you to log in to your account. Choose the option with what you want to sign-up for.
Verify your phone number
Once you have input your account is signed in, the next step that will be asked is to verify your phone number. When you input your number, a one-time verification passcode will be sent to your number through which your account will be verified.
Accept ChatGPT terms and conditions
Next, you will be given some terms and conditions of the tool, which you’ll have to accept to complete the access to the tool.
Start using ChatGPT
Once done, complete the signing up, and you will come across a simple layout showing you the options of questions you can ask and a bar to input your personalized question.
How it works?
Now, Let’s see how to use ChatGPT. It is not quantum physics that is difficult to understand but a simple AI tool that makes our daily tasks more manageable. On one side, the AI industry is growing and bringing new unique features. With the fear that AI will take over the world, people still use it to make their lives easier.
ChatGPT is accessible to the general audience. However, its premium version ChatGPT is available for payment. Here is a guide on how to use ChatGPT.
- Think about what you want to ask
- Input Guidelines
- Let it write!
The first thing you have to do is to log into your ChatGPT account using a Google or Microsoft account. Once you’ve logged a screen with an input bar and example questions.
Think about what you want to ask
Now is the time to ask questions. Think of a topic or input a question that you already have in your mind. For instance, you want to know the recipe to make chocolate doughnuts. You’ll write “How to make chocolate doughnuts.” ChatGPT will generate the recipe from the ingredients in a step-by-step method.
Let’s say you want to make something other than a chocolate-glazed doughnut. For this, you’ll have to specify the tool your requirements so it can give you the right amount of ingredients with the right recipe for your desired food.
Let it write!
Give it a few seconds to generate content. Once generated, read it thoroughly and start acting on it for the recipe. And voila, you’ve made doughnuts with the help of ChatGPT. Isn’t it easy to use?
Tips on how to use ChatGPT
It is not a piece of cake to operate and work with ChatGPT. It requires knowledge and appropriate experience, which will be gained after interacting with the tool.
- Specify the word count precisely and aim higher than necessary to ensure ample material is available for your content. You can trim down the content by requesting a higher word count if needed.
- Ensure that your request is concise and clear to obtain optimal results from ChatGPT. If you are looking for information on a specific topic, use precise keywords to help ChatGPT understand what you need. This will result in more accurate and relevant responses.
- You can ask ChatGPT to rephrase its response if you are dissatisfied with the answer. This can be particularly useful when you want to express a concept differently or get a fresh perspective on a topic.
- Utilize keywords effectively to help ChatGPT understand the context and generate more accurate responses. This is particularly useful when you require specific information on a given topic.
- Ensure that the content you receive from ChatGPT is accurate and relevant by reviewing it carefully. Delete or edit anything unnecessary to ensure high-quality content suitable for your intended purpose.
- Think beyond the obvious uses for ChatGPT and explore its versatility. Although it is mainly used for generating content and answering questions, it can be used creatively, such as writing fiction, generating marketing ideas, or creating art. The possibilities are endless, so be innovative and discover what ChatGPT can do for you.
What can you do with ChatGPT?
As an AI language model, ChatGPT can perform a variety of tasks related to natural language processing. It can generate human-like text based on prompts or questions, perform language translation, answer general knowledge questions, complete sentences or paragraphs, and even provide creative writing prompts.
Additionally, it can be used for tasks like sentiment analysis, summarization, and language modeling. Essentially, ChatGPT can assist with any task that involves the processing or generation of natural language text. Let’s have a detailed look into what jobs it can actually perform.
You might have heard about many summarizing tools that cost you a fortune. Now you don’t have to pay much money to summarize your text. ChatGPT can summarize long texts for you. Now you do not have to worry about long reports or thesis; you are one click away from getting your desired result.
It might sound illegal to get content created by an AI tool, but you can get ideas for generating content. Google can detect AI-generated content, leading to the deranking of your website. Therefore, you must stay one step ahead to maintain your online presence to avoid such misfortune.
It might surprise you that you can get help with marketing ideas from ChatGPT. It is made to have the ability to learn from human feedback. Thus, it can create unique and engaging posts and ads for your business and company. It can ultimately lead to higher conversion rates.
Don’t know where to invest your recent savings, ask ChatGPT. It will give you numerous ideas, from businesses to investments. You can state your requirements, and it will provide you with a personalized response. Save the advisor’s fee, and work smart!
Have you been feeling low recently? Or are you having doubts about your skills or expertise? Whatever the case is, ask ChatGPT. It can not only help in technical tasks but can also help you to develop your skills and polish your expertise further.
As mentioned above, you can create human-like content with the help of ChatGPT. However, it is an AI tool which may not be able to incorporate the ideas and desired tone. Therefore, you will need to be careful about working with it.
Preparing for interviews
Have a job interview and don’t know how to prepare? Ask ChatGPT! Made for almost all functions, you can ask it to prepare you for an interview by showing potential questions. For instance, you can ask “interview questions for an HR position” and get numerous questions.
Additionally, you can add “with answers” to the question to get appropriate answers. This will help you prepare, and you’ll be able to give your best in the interview.
Fixing ChatGPT “at capacity” error
If you encounter a “ChatGPT at capacity” error, you can try the following solutions to resolve the issue:
- Wait and refresh the page: The error may be temporary, caused by a temporary overload of ChatGPT’s servers. Wait and refresh the page later to see if there is available space.
- Use a VPN: The error may be location-specific. You can access open slots in other locations by using a VPN to connect to ChatGPT. Choose a VPN server in a different country or the Optimal Location, click Connect and try reaccessing ChatGPT.
- Check server status: ChatGPT servers may be under maintenance. Use DownDetector to check if there are many reported issues.
- Use a different OpenAI account: You can create multiple OpenAI accounts. If you are using a shared account, switch to another one.
- Clear browser cache: Clearing cache data may help fix the error. Go to Settings > Privacy and security > Clear browsing data, check Cookies and other site data and Cache images and files.
- Use incognito mode: Use incognito mode on your browser to isolate your browsing session from your data. Pair this with a VPN for better security.
- Use ChatGPT during off-peak hours: Using ChatGPT during less busy times, such as nighttime hours or weekends, can reduce the likelihood of overloaded servers.
- Try a different browser: If none of the above solutions worked, use a different browser.
- Disable browser extensions: Browser extensions can disrupt the browser’s functioning and create issues. Disable all extensions and enable each one by one until the error reappears. Remove any problematic extensions.
If the issue persists, contact the ChatGPT support team or OpenAI customer service for assistance. Go to OpenAI’s help center, click the chat icon, select Messages, and then send a message describing your issue.
Chat GPT’s biggest competitor
No industry exists without competition. Here are a few significant competitors of ChatGPT:
BLOOM was founded on breaking Big Tech’s hold on Large Models. In recent years, technology giants have conducted research using massive amounts of processing power that independent researchers and groups cannot match. Consequently, it’s challenging for researchers outside these companies to verify or challenge their findings.
LAMDA is another large model that uses the Transformer neural network architecture created by Google Research in 2017. This model can analyze phrases or paragraphs, understand how words relate, and predict what words will likely come next.
Character AI provides an innovative AI chatbot that can simulate historical and fictional characters, enabling users to engage in conversation and role-play with anyone, living or dead.
ChatSonic API is a pre-trained dialogue generation model that allows for multi-turn conversations and is integrated with Google for improved results on any topic. This advanced chatbot, designed by Writesonic, can deliver real-time data, voice searches, and images, providing a fast turnaround on content requirements based on user input.
It can create conversational responses, making it ideal for customer service operations. ChatSonic can also integrate with Google to provide relevant, up-to-date content on any given topic.
Bard, powered by Google’s Language Model for Dialog Applications (LaMDA), is another emerging alternative to ChatGPT. It is pre-trained with over 1.56 trillion words and has over 137 billion parameters. The tool is designed to generate content-aware responses that are natural and coherent, even in response to follow-up questions.
Microsoft Bing AI
Microsoft Bing AI is another generative AI product built on an OpenAI language model platform purportedly superior to ChatGPT and GPT-3. Microsoft has invested $10 billion in OpenAI and leveraged this partnership to release Bing AI, which promises greater accuracy, efficiency, and speed.
Chinchilla, a project of Deepmind, is a transformer model that resembles GPT-3 and BERT and is regarded as the GPT-3 killer. With at least 70 billion parameters, it outperforms ChatGPT on the math MMLU data set, making it ideal for users interested in creating more sophisticated AI art, writing tasks, and search engines. However, it is still a relatively new product and interested users must contact Deepmind for access.
After approximately two months of providing unrestricted access to its AI chatbot, ChatGPT, OpenAI announced its intention to monetize the service in February.
Although ChatGPT can still be utilized without charge, OpenAI has unveiled a paid subscription service called “ChatGPT Plus” that provides access to the updated version of ChatGPT, powered by GPT-4. ChatGPT Plus costs $20 per month and includes several benefits, such as uninterrupted access to ChatGPT, faster response times than prior ChatGPT iterations, and exclusive early access to new features and improvements, as outlined on the app’s website.
The primary selling point of ChatGPT Plus, however, is access to the latest AI chatbot model, GPT-4, which can engage in creative and technical writing tasks with users by generating, editing, and iterating text.
Notably, the new version can also respond to images and text, producing captions and classifications, and analyze anything from physics questions to philosophical debates.
The research firm claims that GPT-4 can handle more than 25,000 words of text, facilitating content creation, extended conversations, and document search and analysis.
Benefits of ChatGPT plus
The latest iteration of GPT, GPT 4, has entered the market and is operational during peak user hours. Currently, it is being offered as a public product and can be accessed by users worldwide. In addition, a new subscription plan, ChatGPT Plus (Pro), has been introduced, which costs $20 per month and comes with several advantages, such as:
- Unrestricted access to ChatGPT at any time, without any limitations on usage.
- Significantly faster response times, enabling users to receive quicker and more efficient assistance.
- Priority access to new features and improvements as they are rolled out, providing subscribers with the latest and most advanced functionalities.
ChatGPT has some limitations that should be considered when using the AI language model.
- Firstly, while ChatGPT can generate human-like responses and has access to a vast amount of information, it needs more human-level common sense and background knowledge. This can result in ChatGPT providing nonsensical or inaccurate responses to specific questions or situations.
- Secondly, while ChatGPT can generate empathetic responses, it does not possess genuine emotional intelligence. It is unable to detect subtle emotional cues or respond appropriately to complex emotional situations.
- Thirdly, ChatGPT struggles to understand context, particularly sarcasm and humor. While it is proficient in language processing, it may not grasp the subtle nuances of human communication, resulting in inappropriate or irrelevant responses.
- ChatGPT may have difficulty generating long-form structured content. While it can create grammatically correct sentences, it may need help to produce lengthy content that follows a particular structure, format, or narrative. Consequently, ChatGPT is best suited for generating shorter content like summaries, bullet points, or brief explanations.
- ChatGPT performs best when given a single task or objective to focus on. If multiple tasks are presented simultaneously, it may struggle to prioritize them, leading to decreased effectiveness and accuracy.
- There is a risk that ChatGPT may generate biased or discriminatory responses as it is trained on a large set of text data that may contain biases or prejudices.
- Although ChatGPT has access to a significant amount of information, it may need help to answer questions about specific or niche topics or be aware of recent developments or changes in specific fields.
- Lastly, ChatGPT may produce technically correct responses but not entirely accurate in terms of context or relevance. This limitation is particularly challenging when processing complex or specialized information, where accuracy and precision are crucial. It is recommended to verify the information ChatGPT generates.
ChatGPT is a remarkable advancement in artificial intelligence, bringing a new level of sophistication and interactivity to text generation and conversational AI.
Since its inception in 2018, ChatGPT has grown into a powerful tool with numerous applications in various industries, including content creation, customer service, education, research, healthcare, media, legal, and finance.
You might initially find it challenging, and you keep googling “how to use ChatGPT,” but once you get acquainted with the tool, it will become easy for you to work.
Despite these drawbacks, ChatGPT has undeniable potential, and upcoming advancements and deeper understanding will continue expanding its capabilities.