Are you curious about how to make a public profile on Snapchat? Look no further! This article will explore the ins and outs of creating a public profile on Snapchat.
Many individuals extensively use Snapchat to share photos with their friends and family. However, what if we tell you that you have the power to make your snaps accessible to a broader audience? Yes, that’s true. Snapchat introduced a feature known as the public profile, which was once limited to only verified accounts, but now this feature is available to everyone. To use this feature, you should learn how to make a public profile on Snapchat.
Opting for a public profile opens the door to increased exposure and the chance to connect with more users. Not only can you gain subscribers, but you can also add additional details to your profile.
A public profile on Snapchat – What is it?
The public profile is a new feature within the Snapchat app that allows other users to discover you through search and browse tools or when your snaps appear in the spotlight. Additionally, you can share your public profile on other social media platforms to leverage your existing fanbase and grow your followers on Snapchat.
Once you create a public profile on Snapchat, everyone on the social media app can see your stories and other content, even if they are not on your friend list. However, there is another way to engage people on your Snapchat public profile – a user can subscribe to your account and see your contact number ( if you opt to display your number). At the same time, you can share content separately with your friend, which will not be visible to your subscribers.
Can everyone make a public profile on Snapchat?
Wondering if anyone can create a public profile on Snapchat? For the most part, yes! Can everyone make a public profile on Snapchat? Can everyone make a public profile on Snapchat? However, there are a few rules.
1- You must be 18 years or older.
2- Your account needs to be at least 24 hours old.
3- You must have at least one mutual friend on Snapchat.
4- Ensure you adhere to Snapchat’s community guidelines to avoid violations.
5- It is worth noting that public profiles might not be available in all countries yet. Therefore, it could be due to regional limitations if you don’t see the option despite meeting the criteria.
How to make a public profile on Snapchat – Easy steps
Creating a public profile on Snapchat is a quick and straightforward process. Here is how you can do it.
- Launch the Snapchat app on your device and tap your account icon at the screen’s top left corner.
- Go to the “Public Profile” section, and click ”Create Public Profile.”
- A page will appear providing information about public profiles. Tap “Continue” or swipe to the next page, then select “Get Started.”
- A pop-up window will appear; select “Create” on that window.
That’s it! You can now post publicly on Snapchat.
Why can’t I create a public profile on Snapchat?
Generally, any account should be able to create a public profile on Snapchat. However, several common reasons exist for the “Create Public Profile” option being absent from someone’s profile page. There could be a few reasons, such as account age which should be more than 24 hours, lack of mutual friends, age below 18 years, non-compliance with Snapchat’s community guidelines, and unavailability of this feature in your region.
How to make a public profile on Snapchat under 18?
Now let’s discover how to make a public profile on Snapchat if you are under 18. While it’s generally required to be 18 or older, there is a way for underage users to bypass this limitation. By carefully changing your birthdate, you can access the feature. However, remember that you can only modify your birthdate a limited number of times, so make sure you set it correctly.
Here is a step-by-step guide on how to change age on Snapchat.
- Open Snapchat and log in to your account.
- Click on your Bitmoji/profile icon in the upper-left corner.
- Look for the gear icon to access the Settings.
- Under “My Account,” select “Birthday.”
- Tap on your birthdate and adjust the year to make yourself 18 years or older.
- Confirm your changes by selecting “Continue.”
- Follow the prompts and confirm your choices.
- Restart the Snapchat app, and you will see the Public Profile menu on your profile.
- Tap “Create Public Profile” and follow the instructions on your screen.
How is a public profile on Snapchat beneficial?
Snapchat public profiles offer numerous benefits for businesses and individuals alike. Let’s explore why having a public profile is essential.
With a public profile, users can easily find and subscribe to your content, expanding your reach and attracting a new audience. It lets you promote your brand and drive traffic to your website or store.
2. Increased views and engagement:
A public profile grants you higher visibility, resulting in more views and engagement for the content you share on Snapchat. Additionally, you can save stories permanently, ensuring people can access and interact with them anytime.
3. Snapchat advertising opportunities
Public profiles have become a requirement for running ads on Snapchat. Leveraging the app’s advertising features can significantly boost your business, predominantly if your target audience comprises Gen Z and millennials.
4. Comprehensive profile features
Public profiles enable you to customize your bio, set a location, display subscriber counts, and verify your brand. These features help establish your presence and credibility on the platform.
5. Various content options
Public profiles allow you to share public stories, curated highlights, and lenses and even promote your e-commerce store. This versatility will enable you to engage with your audience and showcase your brand’s offerings.
How to edit or delete a public profile on Snapchat?
Once you have created a public profile, various options are available to enhance it. Let’s get into the process.
- Open Snapchat and locate your account icon at the top left corner.
- Go to the public profile section, and tap “My Public Profile.”
- To open Settings, click on the gear icon.
- Now you can edit your public profile. Click the Settings icon on the account page to edit our public profile.
- Head to the Manage Public Profile page and edit your profile according to your needs. Here are the editing options you get on this page;
Profile editing: By tapping “Edit Profile,” you can change your profile picture, add captivating details to your bio, and establish your location. To publicize your subscriber count, toggle on the button to the right.
Saving stories: You can preserve your cherished moments by saving snaps to your profile. This enables anyone to explore and appreciate them. Tap “Save a Story to your Profile” and select the photos you want to share with the public.
Profile sharing: Foster connections by sharing your profile with others. Tap “Share Profile” and select “Share Profile URL” in the pop-up window. Now copy the Snapcode to your clipboard and share this code across different applications and services to promote your public profile.
Deleting your public profile: You have the freedom to discontinue your public profile whenever you desire. If you wish to delete your public profile, locate “Delete Public Profile” at the bottom of the screen. However, this action will not impact your usual Snapchat account.
By following these steps, you can effortlessly edit and manage your public profile on Snapchat.
Why create Snapchat public profiles?
Snapchat introduced public profiles in mid-2020, initially restricting access to verified creators. However, in June 2021, the platform extended this feature to all Snapchatters, unlocking numerous promotional opportunities for businesses and individuals. A public profile serves as your business’ home on Snapchat, allowing users to discover it through search, the Discovery tab, lenses, or paid advertisements. Additionally, they can access the public profile directly through a Snapcode or a shareable URL.
Here are the critical elements of a public profile on Snapchat;
Key elements of public profiles
Public profiles encompass several crucial elements in showcasing your brand and connecting with your audience. These fundamental elements include:
- Short Bio: Like other social media platforms, Snapchat allows you to introduce yourself and your brand in a concise 150-character bio. This is an opportunity to highlight your unique selling points and give subscribers a glimpse into what you’re all about.
- Location: If your business caters to a specific local audience, you can specify your city and state on your public profile. This makes it easier for customers to identify your location and drive more foot traffic to your physical store.
- Business Type: Snapchat offers a wide range of business categories to represent your brand accurately. Whether you’re a well-established brand, an aspiring entrepreneur, or a non-profit organization, you can select the category that best aligns with your goals.
- Introducing the Subscribe Button: Rather than simply adding your business as a friend, Snapchat offers users the option to subscribe to your public profile’s content. This lets them stay updated and connected with your brand, forging a stronger relationship and fostering increased brand loyalty.
- Growing Subscribers: As your business accumulates subscribers, the overall count will proudly be displayed on your public profile. It’s important to note that subscribers are distinct from the friends your brand’s account may have, indicating a dedicated following of individuals genuinely interested in your brand.
- Verified Status: Snapchat provides a unique yellow checkmark next to the business name for verified brands. This verification badge confirms your public profile’s authenticity and helps establish trust with your audience.
- Website Link: Easily direct subscribers to your external website by adding your brand’s URL to your public profile. This serves as an effective means to drive traffic, encourage further engagement, and ultimately boost conversions.
Snapchat Public Profiles Content Types
Apart from the essential elements, Snapchat public profiles offer the inclusion of four content types:
Public Story: Your public profile automatically showcases any stories your business has published within the past 24 hours. This real-time glimpse into your brand’s activities keeps your audience engaged and well-informed.
Highlights: Curate captivating collections of your favorite stories, photos, videos, and public snaps. By featuring the content that best represents your brand, you can create a compelling narrative that leaves a lasting impression on your audience.
Lenses: Highlight the unique and interactive lenses you’ve developed to provide users with an engaging experience. Interacting with your lenses adds an element of fun and creativity, enhancing the appeal of your brand.
- Shop: Enable Snapchatters to explore and experience your eCommerce store directly from your public profile. This seamless integration makes it convenient for users to make purchases and boosts your online sales.
Alternative methods to create a public profile
If you’re unable to access the “Create a Public Profile” menu on your account, there’s an alternative method to make your account public. By adjusting your privacy settings, you can achieve a similar outcome.
While this method may offer limited features compared to a public profile, it will still make your account visible to the public, similar to how Instagram operates. Here’s how you can set your privacy controls to the public:
- Adjust Your Story Visibility: Select the “Everyone” option to allow the public to view your posted stories.
- Open Communication: Set the “Contact Me” option to “Everyone,” granting anyone, including Snapchat users who aren’t on your friend list, the ability to call, chat, or send snaps to you.
Managing Privacy Controls
If you need to manage your privacy controls further, follow these steps:
- Open the Snapchat app on your device.
- Log in to your account.
- Tap on your profile icon or Bitmoji at the top-left corner.
- Navigate to the gear icon, which represents the settings.
- Scroll down until you find the Privacy Controls menu.
- Within the Privacy Controls menu, you’ll find options to adjust the visibility of your stories and your contact preferences. Set these options to “Everyone” to ensure your account is public.
Saving Stories or Spotlights to Your Public Profile
To save a story or highlight to your Snapchat Public Profile, follow these steps:
- Tap on your Bitmoji/profile icon to open your profile.
- Tap on “My Public Profile.”
- Choose “Save a Story to Your Profile” and select a snap or image from your camera roll.
- Tap “Select” to proceed. This will open a review page where you can rearrange or remove any pictures as desired.
- Select “Next” and add a title and cover for your highlight.
- Finally, tap “Finish” to save your snap to your Public Profile on Snapchat.
You can also add Lenses to your Public Profile by creating a lens and uploading it to Lens Studio. Once your lens is published, Snapchat will automatically add it under the Lens tab of your public profile.
Sharing Your Public Profile on Snapchat
To share your public profile with others on Snapchat, follow these steps:
- Go to “My Public Profile” and tap the three-dots icon at the screen’s top right corner.
- Choose “Share Profile” from the options presented.
- Then, tap “Share Profile URL.“
- A share sheet will appear, displaying various apps or platforms where you can share the link.
- Select the desired app or platform to share your public profile link effortlessly.
Tips for Building a Snapchat Public Profile
Once you’ve created your Snapchat public profile, adding new content to enhance its appeal consistently is essential. Here are some tips for building an engaging public profile:
Create Saved Stories: Utilize the “Profile Management” section to create and showcase saved stories. For instance, previously shared public snaps, new stories, photos, and videos from your device’s gallery. To create a saved story, tap on “Profile Management,” select the desired content, and tap the “+” button to add it to a saved story.
Highlight Your Favorites: Pin your favorite stories permanently or for as long as you like under your profile’s “Highlights” section. This allows you to curate collections of content that best represent your brand.
Incorporate Lenses: Develop and upload lenses using Lens Studio to make your public profile more interactive and engaging for Snapchatters. Once published, your lenses will automatically appear under the Lens tab of your public profile.
Encourage Interaction: Regularly engage with your subscribers by responding to messages, comments, and snaps. Encourage them to interact with your content by incorporating interactive features like polls or questions.
Reasons for Disappearing Public Profiles on Snapchat
Generally, once a user creates a public profile on Snapchat, it should remain intact unless certain circumstances arise. Here are some reasons why a public profile might disappear:
Age Change: If a user’s age changes on Snapchat, such as indicating they are below 18 after initially creating a public profile as an adult, the public profile will be automatically deleted.
Manual Deletion: A public profile may disappear if it is intentionally deleted by the user or someone with access to the device. To check if your public profile has been deleted, visit your profile page and see if the option to create a public profile reappears.
If your public profile disappears unexpectedly and none of the above reasons apply, you can contact Snapchat support for assistance. Simply go to “Settings,” tap on “Support,” select “I Need Help,” and scroll down to “Contact Us” to get in touch with a member of the support team. Alternatively, you can send a direct message to Snapchat on Twitter to seek help regarding your account.
Why is a public profile automatically created when I haven’t made one?
In most countries, once you reach the age of 18 as a Snapchatter, you automatically obtain a public profile. This allows you to disclose more about yourself to a broader audience beyond your immediate circle of friends. Restart the Snapchat app, and you will see the Public Profile menu on your profile.
However, it’s important to note that if you initially indicate that you are 18 or older when you begin using your public profile but later modify your birthdate to reflect an age below 18, your public profile will be promptly deleted.
Is it possible to identify individuals who have viewed your Snapchat profile?
Unfortunately, the default functionality of Snapchat does not allow you to track and determine who has viewed your public profile. Despite various Snapchat profile viewer apps in the market, they need to prove more helpful in this regard. Consequently, you will need to explore alternative approaches to discover those who may be viewing your profile.
Nevertheless, one relatively straightforward method to determine if someone has been stalking your Snapchat profile is monitoring their activities. If they consistently view all your stories, track your location, and capture screenshots of your posts and other content, then it becomes quite evident that they are intently following your profile.
Do you get notifications when someone views your public profile on Snapchat?
Distinguishing between casually viewing someone’s profile and engaging in continuous surveillance of their account is of paramount importance. While casually viewing or browsing usually poses minimal harm, there are instances where such behavior can escalate into more severe issues, particularly when it transforms into harassment.
Snapchat stands apart from other social media platforms by providing instant notifications whenever someone takes a screenshot of your profile or views your Snap Map. For instance, if a friend examines your location by tapping your Bitmoji, you will promptly receive a notification informing you of the same. However, it’s important to note that you won’t be notified if someone views your Snapchat profile.
Now that you know how to make a public profile on Snapchat, you can reach more people, express yourself, and connect on social media. However, changing your profile visibility can open doors to new opportunities and allows you to reach a wider audience who can interact with your posts.
But, more than just enabling the public profile feature is required. You should use Snapchat’s various customization choices that let you leave a memorable impact on your audience. Therefore, use profile pictures, cover photos, and exciting captions to create a digital personality that showcases your individuality and captures who you are.